UTOPIA aims at acquiring social justice among people within the same society regardless of their political or religious beliefs.
UTOPIA’s purpose is to inspire a culture of civic awareness and equal citizenship in the Lebanese society through specialized projects and programs that rely on voluntary work to make the change we aim at achieving.
Social values refine the collective societal behavior and define its culture. Since its inception in 2012, UTOPIA’s programs have been guided by a set of core social values and humanitarian principles that are also shared among its members and volunteers. These values are:
- Social Justice: we work toward achieving social justice among people within the same society regardless of their political or religious beliefs.
- Development: we base our programs and activities on urban, community, and human development as key developmental priorities.
- Equality: we serve beneficiaries of our programs regardless of their religious, political, gender, and demographic affiliations.
- Citizenship: our purpose is to inspire a culture of civic awareness and equal citizenship in the Lebanese society and in Tripoli in particular to make the change we aim at achieving.
- Neutrality: we aim at gaining trust of all our stakeholders and so we refrain from engaging in any partisan or religious disputes.
- Volunteerism: we rely on voluntary work to implement our programs and achieve our mission of social justice and citizen equality, without seeking to realize any profits.
UTOPIA relies heavily on voluntary work for achieving its mission. Our volunteers are the backbone of the organization and they come from all the walks of life: they include professionals as well as enthusiastic school and university students. These dedicated individuals have taken on the mission of raising civic awareness and igniting a spirit of change among the Tripolitan society.